Friday, August 19, 2011

Rest Days are the Best Days

I heard this phrase from a climber in Joshua Tree one time, and I like it!

The older I get the more balanced I feel with climbing. We climbers tend to be really fiendish and obsessive, and I think its important to remember how awesome it is just to be alive. Anywho, here are some photos of rest day activities, from this summer.


Picking raspberries, always a good time. Shaun Matusawicz stockin' up in Spring Creek Canyon for his famous muffins.


Mountain biking, always a popular rest day activity. This is Greg Pettys on the road up to the 401 trail in Crested Butte.


Of course, writing and reflection is one of the best rest day activities. Write it all down before you forget is something a wise man once told me. Often I'll go back to my journal entries to revisit the past, whether its a crush on a new woman, or recalling a breakthrough climb.


Chillin at a lake is always awesome when you're worked! Here's my boys Ben Johnson and Al Smith III hiking up to Long Lake in Crested Butte.


Can't beat boomers, or a parade for a rest day activity. This is from the Fourth of July parade in Crested Butte.


Ha Ha Ha...You know what I want!


Partying always fun for a rest day, just don't hit it too hard, especially in Sin City!


And on that note, I'm going bouldering! uuuuuhhhhhhhh

No comments:

lukemehall.blogspot.com

lukemehall.blogspot.com

Blog Archive